AIRSHOW VOLUNTEERS, Again

General Discussion Board. Public access. The opinions expressed here may not reflect official York Soaring policies and procedures. Posts deleted after 240 days.
Charles Petersen
ysa membership #: 150

AIRSHOW VOLUNTEERS, Again

Post by Charles Petersen » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:52 am

In addition to the Brantford Community Airshow (where the CWHM will fly their Harvard), we will also exhibit at the Brampton Flying Centre Open House on September 8th, and again, volunteers are needed at both venues.

We believe that the most likely source of new members who will stick at York is power pilots for conversion. Witness the ATPL ratio! So an opportunity to display a glider and have York members to talk about gliding to pilots and aviation enthusiasts is an attractive option.

So please, if you can, attend one or both of these to help out.

Please...
They will soar on wings like eagles - Isaiah 40:3`

Bruce Bishop
ysa membership #: 1234

Re: AIRSHOW VOLUNTEERS, Again

Post by Bruce Bishop » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:33 am

Count Cole and I in for the show.

Charles Petersen
ysa membership #: 150

Re: AIRSHOW VOLUNTEERS, Again

Post by Charles Petersen » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:21 am

I'm still short of volunteers for the Brantford Community Airshow, Wednesday, August 28th. Check it out at https://app.getresponse.com/view.html?x ... &z=EQx5TL&

It will feature a CF-18, Lancaster, Snowbirds & my glider! And I need some help to explain York, how gliding compares to power, and to assist me rigging and de-rigging.

So far, it's Cole, Bruce and I. Please consider helping out. I hate to beg; - OK, I'm begging...

You'll enjoy an amazing day.
They will soar on wings like eagles - Isaiah 40:3`