Pan Am Gliding Championship - Crewing needed

General Discussion Board. Public access. The opinions expressed here may not reflect official York Soaring policies and procedures. Posts deleted after 240 days.
Jim Fryett
ysa membership #: 189

Pan Am Gliding Championship - Crewing needed

Post by Jim Fryett » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:02 pm

Stan Martin and I would appreciate some crewing help for the last week of the competition. We have had some support along the way however crew at the field would be an immense help to us. At a minimum, someone at the SOSA field standing by late afternoon in case of landouts would work. The weather has been challenging and is expected to continue so. With Crew at SOSA, we could be picked up within an hour if needed.

Trailering experience would be required. Trailers would be hooked up to the retrieve vehicle prior to launch, just need you to come and get us.

This would be a good opportunity to experience the competition environment and meet new people. We would be happy to cover expenses and other considerations.

If interested, Stan can be reached at (519) 766-8107, or Jim at (519) 241 4895

Bruce Bishop
ysa membership #: 1234

Re: Pan Am Gliding Championship - Crewing needed

Post by Bruce Bishop » Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:33 am

Cole and I can cover Wed and Friday this week
Cole 647 5253664
Bruce 416 433 3664

No charge

Stan Martin

Re: Pan Am Gliding Championship - Crewing needed

Post by Stan Martin » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:58 am

Thank you very much. Conditions are challenging for sure. In four days of actual competition, I’ve landed out three times. You need to push hard and these events.