Due care and attention needed

General Discussion Board. Public access. The opinions expressed here may not reflect official York Soaring policies and procedures. Posts deleted after 240 days.
Ivor David

Due care and attention needed

Post by Ivor David » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:05 am

An incident was brought to my attention on Sunday that should concern all of us. A steel bar was left in the grass just east of the clubhouse. It did not get there by itself - somebody was extremely careless and left it there. It was found by the driver of the John Deere mower while cutting grass in that area. One can only imagine the damage this would have done to the machine if it had not been seen in time- likely costing thousands of $'s to fix + the downtime involved. The possibility of personal injury is also a concern.

All members should be vigilant about safety issues when doing anything at the club. It may not be a direct flight hazard but things can nevertheless be dangerous to people or equipment, and could cost the club money in one way or another. Safety at the club will not happen by accident - we should all do our part to develop a safety culture that will benefit all of us.
Ivor David

Bruce Bishop
ysa membership #: 1234

Re: Due care and attention needed

Post by Bruce Bishop » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:08 pm

Ivor

The area east of the clubhouse has two areas of concern. The tall grass has metal bars and wood. We should never cut the tall overgrown grass until we walk the area first. It's the operator''s responsiblity.

I hope that it wasn't found where the aircraft was parked as it would have been pure negligence. IMO

Ivor David

Post by Ivor David » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:53 pm

I did not see it personally but I understand it was in the area where the C-140 had been parked.
Ivor David

Stan Martin

Post by Stan Martin » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:02 am

I heard today that the new lawn more was damaged.