Thursday 27 June Cross Country Conditions

General Discussion Board. Public access. The opinions expressed here may not reflect official York Soaring policies and procedures. Posts deleted after 240 days.
Tim Wood
ysa membership #: 391

Thursday 27 June Cross Country Conditions

Post by Tim Wood » Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:18 pm

As Tom Fraser said,
Thursday was a great soaring day. After our patient wait through a cool wet Spring, great soaring conditions have arrived. Thermals were still working all the way up to 8 thousand feet on Thursday, some of them real boomers. Some impressive scores were recorded on the OLC. Check it out. And come out and fly.
I made a GoPro video of my Thursday flight, in the club's LS4. After editing I will post it on VIMEO. Watch for it. It is visually stunning.

The Ontario Provincials will be held this Canada Day weekend. Tim Belchoir and I will be flying together in the DG500. The Tim and Tim team.
Wish us luck.

On a related topic, York Soaring's Travelling Trophy is in residence at this time at Embro, in the temporary care of London Soaring Club.
Will a venturesome YSA cross country pilot please go and get it?
86 km each way. LSC operates every weekend in Summer. Contact Mike Luckham before setting out 519-661-7844
Cheers,
Tim Wood

tom fraser

Re: Thursday 27 June Cross Country Conditions

Post by tom fraser » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:23 pm

Great to see an increase in pilots wanting to get better at soaring and cross country. Thanks to Tim, Stan, Charles and Tony for making themselves available to mentor those pilots going farther afield! Sounds like a very good thermal and cross country training day! Hint, Hint.