Jock

General Discussion Board. Public access. The opinions expressed here may not reflect official York Soaring policies and procedures. Posts deleted after 240 days.
don kuehn

Jock

Post by don kuehn » Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:18 pm

I talked to Jock yesterday morning - he's home and bored. The good news is that his knee (patella) is knitting on its own and surgery isn't going to be needed. However, he has to wear the hated 'soft' cast that I also did. Rehab will start soon. He dodged a big bullet for sure. He'd appreciate a phone call or two of encouragement.
As for me, I'll be out one of these days to see if I can still get into and out of one of the glass ships o.k. Been beavering away at the Drayton fitness center 4 or 5 times a week over the winter and spring. The knee has been getting better (more stability and strength) all the time. My accident was a game changer for sure and the lesson to be learned --- "let someone else take the trash out to the garbage bins!".

James Kingdon

Re: Jock

Post by James Kingdon » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:24 am

A bored Jock - that sounds terrifying. I didn't know he'd had an accident, thanks for the update. Glad to hear yours is progressing well. We'll find a way of getting you back into a glider - just take it carefully. If you need to use a box for a step to make it safer, go for it and to hell with what anyone thinks.