Two small projects

General Discussion Board. Public access. The opinions expressed here may not reflect official York Soaring policies and procedures. Posts deleted after 240 days.
Stan Martin

Two small projects

Post by Stan Martin » Mon May 06, 2019 7:58 am

There are a couple of projects left after this very successful weekend. I am asking for volunteers.

1. I will be ordering material for the deck required in front of the new washrooms. This is a simple installation that should not take more than an afternoon, but critical to give access to the those in need of the handicap washroom facilities.

2. The second issue is all the plastic and other large items which has been left by the dumpsters. We had so much to dispose of this last weekend the we filled the 8-yard bin that was ordered for the purpose and there is no room left for this additional material. Some person(s) is therefore required to collect this material and take it to the Belwood dump. Belwood is open on Saturdays.
Last edited by Stan Martin on Mon May 06, 2019 3:11 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Charles Petersen
ysa membership #: 150

Re: Two small projects

Post by Charles Petersen » Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am

What is the availability of a suitable trailer, Stan?
They will soar on wings like eagles - Isaiah 40:3`

Stan Martin

Post by Stan Martin » Mon May 06, 2019 11:18 am

It would fit in the back of a pickup. However, I am hoping someone has a trailer. Worst case, we will have to rent something.

This underscores the necessity of members taking care of their own large items. Getting rid of this kind of stuff is a real pain and costly. We have been spending in excess of 6,000 dollars a year on trash.

I have other projects on the go for the next few weeks and dealing with this is not possible for me more that an advisory role.

Stan Martin

Post by Stan Martin » Fri May 17, 2019 3:04 pm

Decking Material will be available this weekend to provide for the new washrooms. Anyone available for the purpose that can can take up a saw, hammer and drill would be much appreciated. It is not a big job and would take less that an afternoon with 2-3 handy souls.

Tim Wood
ysa membership #: 391

Post by Tim Wood » Fri May 17, 2019 9:15 pm

Hi Stan, I will be available to help this weekend. I have SUV with trailer hitch
Tim

Stan Martin

Post by Stan Martin » Sat May 18, 2019 9:00 pm

Thanks for all the help guys. We made huge progress on those projects.