Freedom's Wings Chapter Manager

General Discussion Board. Public access. The opinions expressed here may not reflect official York Soaring policies and procedures. Posts deleted after 240 days.
Charles Petersen
ysa membership #: 150

Freedom's Wings Chapter Manager

Post by Charles Petersen » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:16 am

I am very pleased to announce that Cole Bishop, not quite 16, has agreed to become the new Chapter Manager, York Soaring Association's Freedom's Wings Canada program.

Assisting Cole will be his father Bruce Bishop, with mentoring from retiring Chapter Manager John Brake and of course John's wife Tracey Brake, who have served for many years.

I ask all York members to assist Cole and Bruce as they are able, and when required, to sustain this endeavour. And I want to deeply thank John and Tracey for all their efforts towards this program, which offers free Inspiration Flights to anyone with a disability (excepting those with impulse control issues) and the availability of instruction in YSK utilising the hand controls for paraplegic students and flying to licenced paraplegic pilot members.
They will soar on wings like eagles - Isaiah 40:3`

Ivor David

Re: Freedom's Wings Chapter Manager

Post by Ivor David » Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:34 pm

Well done to the Coles duo. It's great to see new, and younger, blood getting involved with the things that help make YSA run, and provide a continuation of the work that John and Tracey have done so tirelessly for many years.
Ivor David

Cole Bishop
ysa membership #: 407

Re: Freedom's Wings Chapter Manager

Post by Cole Bishop » Fri May 10, 2019 5:12 pm

Thank you very much Charles and Ivor. Though I am new to flying I will have my PPL early July and aviation has been a common theme throughout my family. My father Bruce, who is supporting me in this endeavour is a high time helicopter pilot and instructor. He has run several bases across Canada. With the skill set we bring to the table I believe we can continue the great work that Tracy and John have done for Freedom Wings.

If you need to contact me my email is colebsax@gmail.com and phone number is (647)525-3664
When contacting me via email please CC Bruce at brucebishop@sympatico.ca 416 433 3664