Set Your Phone Alarm

General Discussion Board. Public access. The opinions expressed here may not reflect official York Soaring policies and procedures. Posts deleted after 240 days.
Charles Petersen
ysa membership #: 150

Set Your Phone Alarm

Post by Charles Petersen » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:15 am

Preferably, set it to play Here Comes The Sun, tonight for 5:58 pm, the official First Day of Spring 8-)

Of course, the first spring day is another matter, but for now, this is the best available.

So raise a toast and be comforted that winter will soon end.
​Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight.... do not go gentle into that good night. - Dylan Thomas

Stan Martin

Re: Set Your Phone Alarm

Post by Stan Martin » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:30 am

Soon we will be into the annual spring cleanup at the field. This year will be a little more invoked than usual. We have a problem with the floors in the offices. It means emptying the two rooms and removing the floor an prepping for a replacement system. I will be looking for helpers so we can get this done quickly. Contact me if you can help.

Jason Scott
twitter: @westwoodtrim

Post by Jason Scott » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:53 pm

Can consult as needed. Definitely recommend vinyl plank over laminate...

Stan Martin

Post by Stan Martin » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:21 pm

That is the plan.

Just to give more detail:

-All the furniture moved out to the main space. There is a lot of things in those cabinets which will need sorted and put back properly.
-The laminate and dry-core taken up and deposed of. The concrete cleaned and disinfected. There has been water damage and things are growing under there.
-New concrete placed into the open gaps which are exposing the the floor cover to the soil.
-New dry-core and and vinyl put down.

So yes, lots to do in a short period of time once the weather makes it possible to get into the field.

jwlemke
ysa membership #: 315
twitter: jwlemke

Post by jwlemke » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:45 pm

I'd like to help. What is your anticipated date?
I have done a number of vinyl plank floors in the past 3 years, including a basement with dricore. You definitely want one of the types that snap together vs adhesive edges. I have had good experiences with two types.
Cheers, Jim.

Stan Martin

Post by Stan Martin » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:57 am

Work can begin anytime the snow gets out of the driveway. Perhaps on the day of the instructors meeting some can hang around to get to this renovation.