SAC- Board Elections

General Discussion Board. Public access. The opinions expressed here may not reflect official York Soaring policies and procedures. Posts deleted after 240 days.
Jock
ysa membership #: 351

SAC- Board Elections

Post by Jock » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:12 am

Stephen Szikora wrote:We are now accepting nominations from clubs for zone director positions for the Southern Ontario, Pacific and Eastern zones. Election to the Board is for a 2 year term. If anyone from these zones is interested in seeing what happens at the national level, contact your current zone director for information and ask a club in your zone to nominate you. Nominations are being accepted until February 12th. The primary requirement is enthusiasm, capability being secondary.

In addition, our Alberta zone director is leaving the Board mid term due to a career change and we are looking for a replacement to finish out his current term. There is no election process in this case since a mid-term replacement can be appointed by the Board. Again, contact the existing zone director if more info is needed.

Stephen Szikora
SAC-ACVV Election Officer
Southern Ontario Zone Director (retiring from Board at AGM in March)
Stephen Szikora wrote:We have had a candidate step forward to replace our Alberta zone director, but as of this evening, not a single candidate identified for the Southern Ontario zone. This is our largest zone by membership, with 5 strong clubs. Surely someone has something to contribute to our national organization. Send me a message if you think you have something to offer.

Charles Petersen
ysa membership #: 150

Re: SAC- Board Elections

Post by Charles Petersen » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:58 pm

There are some things that, if I am tempted by an involvement, I make it my rule to lie down until the temptation has passed. My list includes:
  • British cars
  • PDT (photo dynamic therapy, which fries your skin like bacon to burn out pre-cancerous sun damaged cells in your face
  • and anything to do with SAC (burned so many time, I was)
That's my list, Others may vary :?
They will soar on wings like eagles - Isaiah 40:3`

Jock
ysa membership #: 351

Post by Jock » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:30 pm

Stephen Szikora wrote: . . . not a single candidate identified for the Southern Ontario zone
Jay Allardyce wrote:Appointment of a Replacement for the Southern Ontario Zone Director
The Board discussed the challenges with finding individuals to serve in positions within SAC
JA suggested that the Board require each club to put forth one name for consideration
GD to take the lead on this and contact the club presidents

James Kingdon

Post by James Kingdon » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:55 pm

'require' !?! That will go down well.

Charles Petersen
ysa membership #: 150

Post by Charles Petersen » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:50 pm

RIGHT! The day they "require"me to do something, will be the day I decline in pay my SAC fees.
They will soar on wings like eagles - Isaiah 40:3`

Ivor David

Post by Ivor David » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:39 am

The dictionary defines a volunteer as "a person who enters military or other service of his own free will". Thus, one cannot designate someone for a volunteer position unless that person agrees to be nominated.

While it is disappointing that no one out of about 300 club members in S.O. have not yet volunteered, SAC may have no choice but to run without a zone director for S.O, for now at least. How this might affect the S.O clubs remains to be seen.
Ivor David