Pan Am

General Discussion Board. Public access. The opinions expressed here may not reflect official York Soaring policies and procedures. Posts deleted after 240 days.
Jim Fryett
ysa membership #: 189

Pan Am

Post by Jim Fryett » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:37 pm

I am posting this message on behalf of Dave Springford:

As we plan for the 3rd FAI Pan-American Competition to be held at SOSA in August 2019 we are looking for Club, Standard, 15M and 18M gliders that would be available for rent to competitors coming from South America for the competition.

The competition will take place from 29 July - 14 August.

If you would be willing to rent your glider, please let me know. One of the most difficult problems to solve for this competition will be finding enough rental gliders for foreign pilots. It has been through the generosity of other owners that the Canadian team has been able to secure gliders when competing abroad. I hope that the Canadian Gliding community will extend this generosity to our visitors.

We will post available rental gliders on the contest website and connect pilots with owners for you to come up with a mutual rental agreement.

If you are willing to rent your glider, please let me know.

Dave

Charles Petersen
ysa membership #: 150

Re: Pan Am

Post by Charles Petersen » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:34 am

I have offered CP for the contest. Dave tells me that the typical rental fee is ~$2000, and that the renter will, I can expect, be at a level comparable to Dave's. So I am not worried about poor airmanship.
​Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight.... do not go gentle into that good night. - Dylan Thomas

Jock
ysa membership #: 351

Re: Pan Am

Post by Jock » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:24 pm

Virginia Thompson wrote:Canada will host the 3rd FAI Pan-American Championships in July/August of 2019.
The competition web-site is live at http://www.silentflight.ca/panam.
Bulletin #1 has been posted on the site under "info for pilots".
Along with the large group of volunteers from Canada who will play host to the competition there are some familiar US names involved.
We are delighted to have Ken Sorenson serve as Contest Director,
Rick Sheppe will score and
the IGC has tapped John Godfrey as Jury President.
Renato Tsukamoto from Brazil is our Chief Steward. I am personally thrilled and delighted to be working with such an esteemed group.
We look forward to welcoming all of the teams from the Americas and our guests.
Inquiries may be directed to me at pagc2019.info@gmail.com

Virginia Thompson - Contest manager.