PW5

General Discussion Board. Public access. The opinions expressed here may not reflect official York Soaring policies and procedures. Posts deleted after 240 days.
tom fraser

PW5

Post by tom fraser » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:48 am

Perhaps someone, in the know can update us if the PW5 is going to be back in the YORK Fleet this year. Good to see it back out of it's box. I have not flown it before but those that have seen to like it as a nice fun ship.

Biggles
ysa membership #: 269

Re: PW5

Post by Biggles » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:01 am

I am attempting to purchase it, on behalf of the club, for a nominal amount this week.
Whether it becomes part of the fleet this year is up to the fleet planning committee.

Rainer Zimm
ysa membership #: 256

Re: PW5

Post by Rainer Zimm » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:12 pm

Thanks to the efforts of one GREAT DUDE... Dave MacKenzie that aircraft was made available to the likes of many young'ins all those years ago... when Jeremy Sawyer and my son Erich (and a few other pilots) were all checked-out and allowed to fly it during their piloting skills development phase at York Soaring. We are the envy of many clubs in the US of A for the things we do for our young'ins and Charles' serious hard work with the help of many others at YSA and across Canada focusing on Youth Flight Canada.

Just say'in.

How quickly it is how we ALL forget where we came from ~